Close Menu
Free Case Evaluation Hablamos Español

Is condo insurance different than insurance for a house?

Return to FAQ Videos


Yes, condominium insurance is very different than what’s going to cover your residential property. Generally speaking, a condominium policy is going to cover your common elements, such as the roof, the lobby, things that you share with the other unit owners or tenants of a condominium, whereas your residential property insurance policy is going to cover the items contained within your actual unit, such as your personal property, your kitchen cabinets, and all of the things that a condominium policy won’t cover. To make sure your home and your items are protected, make sure you have an additional homeowner’s policy above what is already provided by your condominium or homeowners’ association.

© 2016 - 2019 Geyer Fuxa Tyler Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.